Monday, April 26, 2010

CRITICAL

M.I.A, Born Free from ROMAIN-GAVRAS on Vimeo.



New M.I.A video "Born Free'. Not to many artists seeing her.....at all. The freedom and depth of expression set her apart on a whole other level. It's about message and artistry. I really wish our Industry wasn't so soft and dickrider based and political, even Puritanical. We have the means to do it but no one wants to ruffle any feathers for fear of not being invited to the party and be able to tell tales of all the metrosex cats they got a chance to "hobnob" with. Part of the reason I'm kept on the outskirts and negative things are said about me is because I look at folks the same and I'm never overly excited to meet folks. Some people are insulted when you don't kiss their feet and you look at them directly in their eyes. It reminds them that at the end of the day there are folks out there who don't give a fuck about whatever their selling and it makes em uncomfortable. You either a yes man or a yes maaaam! or your ignorant and deemed someone not worthy of their presence. You don't know how many faces I've laughed in Loooolz when folks expected me to be blown away by meeting them. I keeps it 1 million so anyone expecting otherwise is in for a rude sleep, then a rude awakening..enjoy

No comments: